TRADITIONAL SURPLUS FUNDS REFERRALS PAGE -
NEW!!! - REFERRAL SYSTEM HAS BEEN UPDATED
ASE READ - We elimated referrals for both traditional and Florida specific
surplus funds. When you now go to the referrals webpage, we will have an updated list of all files that we are working at the bottom of the page. List is
sorted by State and County. If a file you wish to work is listed, do not send the file in. If the file is not listed, send it in. If we happen to get the same file
in on the same day, and both are correct, we will work on a first come basis. We will update the list daily.
BEFORE SUBMITTING A REFERRAL, REVIEW THE LIST OF FILES WE ARE WORKING, SO THAT YOU DO NOT
SUBMIT A FILE WE ALREADY HAVE. THAT LIST WILL APPEAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
IF YOU HAD A FILE ON HOLD - MEANING WE ASKED FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, OR DOCUMENTATION, OR ASKED
FOR YOU TO REVISE THE WORKSHEET, ETC, AND YOU HAVE NOT RE-SUBMITTED THE FILE CORRECTLY, WE WILL ERASE
THAT NAME/CASE NUMBER FROM OUR DATABASE AS WE HAVE TO ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THE ISSUES.
IF YOU ARE WORKING AN AREA THAT HAS A DEADLINE TO RECOVER THE FUNDS - FOR EXAMPLE 2 YEARS IN FLORIDA FOR TAX
OVERAGES - DO NOT SEND US IN ANYTHING THAT HAS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS LEFT BEFORE THE DEADLINE.
IF YOU SUBMIT A CASE AND DO NOT DO SO CORRECTLY, AND SOMEONE ELSE SENDS THE CASE IN BEFORE YOU DO, CORRECTLY,
THEY WILL BE THE RESEARCHER ON THE FILE.
PLEASE USE MOST RECENT CHAIN OF TITLE WORKSHEETS!!!
SURPLUS FUNDS CHAIN OF TITLE - MTG5713.pdf
- mortgage overage worksheet
SURPLUS FUNDS CHAIN OF TITLE - TAX5713.pdf
- tax overage worksheet
SURPLUS FUNDS CHAIN OF TITLE - ESTATES.pdf
- estates/probate unclaimed monies worksheet
SURPLUS FUNDS FAX COVER SHEET.pdf
- use this when faxing files to us to work
RULES - DO THIS RIGHT GUYS!
Send the case in,
with completed worksheet and all required documentation
or fax to 704-786-9963.
If you use email - do not use zip files, do not send in links for documents,
put the case name(defendant) in the header of the email
Please combine the documents into one attachment. If you fax, send one at a time.
IF YOU DON'T PUT THE DEFENDANT NAME/CASE
NAME IN THE HEADER OF THE EMAIL, WE WILL SKIP THIS FILE SUBMISSION AND GET TO IT LATER. IF THIS CAUSES
YOU TO LOSE THE CASE TO ANOTHER RESEARCHER, THAT IS ON YOU.
2. Minimum case for us to pursue is $10,000 - not 9,999.99, $10,000.
3. If you complete your case research, and the last owner is not the person who is entitled to the overage, we will only work cases
where a judgment holder is due (not a large bank), or the monies are due to *Wells Fargo or to HSBC. Do not send in files where the
claimant is another large bank. Example- don't turn in files where the claimant is Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, WAMU, etc.
This also applies to banks that were foreclosed on, where the bank is the defendant.
*Wells Fargo and HSBC also own the following banks
Signet Banking Corp
First Fidelity Bancorp
Decision One Mortgage
4. On the worksheet, we need the physical address of the foreclosure, not the claimant's notification address. Do not put in parcel
id #, tax id #, or legal description, unless there wasn't a physical address - vacant land.
5. Feedback - we will let you know when you get a claimant under contract and have the case set to petition. Until you have sent
in 20 files that we have accepted, we will not give out any additional feedback. If you have sent in 20 cases we have accepted -
researched cases - we will give feedback once a month, upon request.
6. Check for Motions or Petitions for Surplus Funds - Please take your time. We are getting files in where a disbursement has already
been made(money is gone) and/or where there is a petition in process. Just review the docket history to make sure that isn't happening.
Remember that we are independent contractors, which means we work with you by choice and you work with us by choice. If we receive
unresearched files from a researcher, repeatedly, we will choose to no longer work with you. Of course, we will address first files sent in
and help you submit correctly. If you ignore that correction and refuse to follow directions, we will drop you as a researcher.
7. Submit all required documents on the chain of title worksheet, if we are missing documents, we will not work your case. Also,
remember to complete the correct chain of title worksheet, research mortgages, liens and judgments. Fill out conclusion sheet.
8. Put Files in Order - Make sure when you submit files to us, you have the chain of title worksheet first, followed by the supporting docs.
If your files are not submitted in this manner, we will not work it. You will have to resubmit in correct order.
9. Mortages, liens and judgments - When submitting a file with mortgages, liens or judgments in line for the surplus, DO NOT send the
entire mortgages/lien/judgment document as they can be many pages. ONLY send the first 1 or 2 pages. If you send the entire
mortgage/lien/judgment document we may not print it out due to paper waste and you will have to re-submit the file with the corrections.
IF YOU JUST SKIPPED THE ABOVE AND DIDN'T READ IT, UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE
DIRECTIONS WILL RESULT IN US IGNORING FUTURE REFERRALS.
PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING LIST FOR FILES WE ARE ALREADY WORKING.
IF A FILE IS ON THIS LIST, DO NOT SEND THE FILE TO US.
Please click the link below to view the Surplus Funds List.
Surplus Funds List